Thursday, June 24, 2010
Great Sources for Chinoiserie:
1. Farrow & Ball paint -- whether you need a Chinese red, a Chinese blue, a celadon, or an imperial yellow, the best paint money can buy.
3. Pigtown Design on Etsy (and Meg is a lovely fellow blogger) for pillows.
4. Quadrille/China Seas, Brunschwig & Fils, Thibaut, Schumacher, Cowtan and Tout, and Scalamandre for fabric. Check The Designer's Attic (another wonderful fellow blogger Shannon from Pink Wallpaper) daily for incredible deals on high end fabrics.5. Caspari for paper products, chargers, lacquer trays.
6. iomoi for stationery, desk and home items.Etsy, eBay, One Kings Lane, and Craigslist for amazing finds online for everything.
9. Flea markets, thrifts stores, HomeGoods, and Tuesday Morning for great in person shopping.
10. My number one tip and source is to make eBay your friend. Can't afford Schumacher Chiang Mai Dragon, but love it? Keep checking on eBay and you will find it, especially if you are looking for just a yard or two of fabric. Many interior designers sell their designer samples and leftover fabric on eBay. I recently bought 7 yards of brand new Brunschwig & Fils Le Lac that retails for $390 a yard for $14 a yard because the seller didn't put down the name of the fabric and I spotted it. Be patient and what you are looking for will show up. My home is filled with fabulous finds from eBay.
Use what I have listed here as search terms on eBay and you will be delighted by what you will find. Happy Chinoiserie hunting!
Beth of Chinoiserie Chic
Next Week's Guest Blogger: Sarah from Haute Design.