Friday, December 31, 2010

2011: New Year, New Life (?)


2011 will mark some major milestones in my life:

March 2011: David and I will welcome our first child -- a boy.
May 2011: David will turn 30.
June 2011: I will turn 30.
September 2011: David and I will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary.
November 2011: Marks my 5th year as a licensed attorney (unfortunately, I'll be missing my 5th year reunion in April due to above mentioned baby). Of course, that still makes me the baby of our legal department, but there is something to be said for getting past the first few, really tough years of being a young attorney.

In many ways, the dawn of the second decade of the now not-so-new millennium marks Dave's and my entrance into actual adulthood. Sure, we've technically been adults for over a decade, but I'll admit that we both indulged in the extended adolescence that our society has long allowed twenty-somethings. And we've very much enjoyed all the traveling, eating out, etc. that our disposable income and lack of kids has allowed us. Am I a bit scared at the prospect of this transition? Absolutely, but I think I'm finally ready to embrace adulthood, motherhood and this new year.

But enough of the serious stuff; have a wonderful New Year's Eve and a very Happy New Year! See y'all back next week for some updates on the nursery (I swear my absence in blogland this week is due primarily to being productive!) and more design inspiration.

Photograph courtesy of Elle Canada.

18 comments:

Christy said...

Happy New Year! So excited for this year for you guys!!! xo

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Lots of great milestones! I look forward to your 2011 posts! Happy New Year!

handamari said...

Happy new year! May 2011 bring you abundant joy and happiness!! Cheers. xx

Kathysue said...

Happy, Happy New year!! Averill,you do have an eventful year coming up. You will be surprised that 30 is not a big deal and you will slide right through it!! Remember what I always say, "Enjoy the Process" you have sooooo many things to look forward too. Your 40s will be even better than your 30s I promise!!! Have a wonderful New Years Eve, Hugs Kathysue

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Have a great New Year Averill! I can not wait to "meet" the new baby! And I received your sweet note...Thanks girl! Make sure you post a a picture of him wearing the orange towel;-)

Happiness Is... said...

We have pretty much every milestone in common next year: welcoming babies and the 30s! Have a great new year (assume y'alls is about as laid back as ours this year!

Anna White said...

Some wonderful things to be celebrating this year Averill...all very positive. I loved turning 30..infact it was the best birthday I have ever celebrated..so far ;)

And then you have motherhood..wow..now that is a huge journey indeed! One for me that was so life changing..in all the most positive and amazing ways...and what came with it was a love so profound that I cannot put it into words...so excited for you...You will be a wonderful Mum I know...Happy New Year lovely :) x

Things That Inspire said...

I particularly savor New Years when there are some big events on the horizon for the imminent year - and you have some really, really big ones! It's not often in life when we are truly aware of a turning point, but parenthood is really one of those major, major events that truly defines before/after. It is a great thing, though - although my husband and I still wonder what we did on the weekend before we had kids, and our oldest is now 12 (almost 13!).

Wishing you the very best year in 2011!

Johanna said...

You have such an amazing blog!

This year I have done tons of things I never thought I would see myself doing. Moving in with my boyfriend in a new country, starting to fix up an old house with NO experience and also leaving family and friends for a totally new life. But I can't wait to see what 2011 will bring to my life.

Hope you had a wonderful New Years!

Greatings from Norway!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2011, Averill! How awesome to have a year coming up filled with so many milestones. Life only gets better in your 30's, especially when you're going to be welcoming your first baby. Can't wait to "meet" him! All the best in everything this coming year...

Maureen Stevens said...

I hope you had a wonderful NYE Averill and what an amazing 2011 you will have!

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

Happy New Year! Looks like 2011 will be amazing. :)

Karena said...

Averill all the best and with so much to celebrate this year!!

Happy New Years!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

London Rug Cleaning said...

Happy New year all.
I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say how much I enjoyed it. Thanks for your posts. I am now a follower here. I will be back. :-)

Patricia Shepard said...

I LOVE IT! Congratulations Aves.

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I kind of feel like we're in the same place as you guys are--minus the impending baby! M turns 30 this year and it really does seem like we're inching towards "real" adulthood. Scary and exciting.

Wishing you all the best in 2011 xo

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

Congratulations...I had a son 10 years ago in March and he has truly been the greatest joy in my life...I am so happy for you and your husband to soon be experiencing the same joy!!! Many cheerful wishes your way in the new year!!!! xx Danielle

Kara said...

Happy New Year!! You have so many things to look forward to this year! Trust me - things just keep getting better and better. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails