Monday, December 20, 2010

I love Ruby Love's Modern Baby Books


I'll admit that I'm a big fan of documenting everything (I'm a lawyer, after all!) and I cherish the baby books my mother and grandmother made for me. But a lot of the books on the market today just strike me as a bit too cheesy, a bit too...well, babyish. Cue a random (but most welcome email) from my blogging buddy Laura over at JourneyChic a few weeks ago recommending Etsy seller Ruby Love's gorgeous baby books. Needless to say, I ordered one immediately and I love it so much I just had to pass the recommendation on to y'all. There are, of course, a lot of great baby books available on the market today, but here are a few reasons that I think Ruby Love's makes the top of my list:

1. There's a wide assortment of styles/colors to choose from -- and plenty of not-so-cutesy options that may appeal to your more sophisticated side. [By the way, if you're interested, I happened to select the "Ryland" option for myself.] Because let's face it, you're going to have to live with plenty of cartoons, and kid stuff for the next, oh, decade, so I say pick what you like now before your baby forms his or her own opinion.


2.  The books come as 3-ring albums, which means you can customize, add or subtract pages to your heart's content. I love that I'm not constricted by stupid prompts or left staring at blank pages because I didn't get around to documenting Baby Conn's first sneeze (just toss that page!). This leads me to reason #3...


3. While the standard album comes with plenty of great prompts (personal favorite includes "This Day in History", which reminds me of my Grandma saving the major headlines of the year of my birth -- something I will always treasure) and lots of blank pages for your photographs, there are loads of supplemental pages you can purchase to beef up your album and even extend it into your child's toddle hood (assuming, of course, you haven't completely abandoned documenting your child's every move out of to sheer exhaustion).


If, however, none of Ruby Love's albums strike your fancy but you're still looking for something modern and fun, I'd suggest checking out my two runners up: Baby's First Book over at Rag & Bone and the Binth Baby Book. Any of these would make a wonderful holiday or shower gift for an expectant or new mom.

8 comments:

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Yay!! So glad you got one and love it! Junior's has the same inside page designs as the 4 images you posted under reason #1. I plan to print out all my baby and nursery blog posts and hold punch them to include in the book.

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

Very cute!! I love that you're doing a baby book - that will be so fun to look through with your child someday. :)

Sarah said...

Hey, Averill! I ordered one of these before Maura was born, I love it:) Of course, I have not been diligent about filling it out...maybe I'll work on it more over Christmas vacation:)

Karen said...

Those would make such a nice gift for a mom-to-be. I love pulling out my kids baby books-it's so much fun reading about their milestones and what they loved and responded to at different times.

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Definitely a chic baby book! My dad did the whole saving the headlines thing for me and its pretty cool when you look back.

Anonymous said...

I love this and the ability to customize the pages - genius! I really wish I would have gotten one of those calendars with stickers for the firsts...I had good intentions of updating everything in a timely fashion but life got in the way :( How perfect would it be to have that be a part of the baby book?

Fabulous find :)

Maureen Stevens said...

so, so precious~ can't wait to see ur choice~

Dumbwit Tellher said...

So very adorable. Sure beats what we had in the "old-days"!!

Wishing you and Dave a very special Christmas. Next year you will be hanging an extra stocking for Santa!

Hope you and baby are both doing very well?

All my best to you,
Deb

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails