Sunday, February 7, 2010

Love is....

"Enter" by Irene Suchocki


How can I, that girl standing there,
My attention fix
On Roman or on Russian
Or on Spanish politics?
Yet here's a travelled man that knows
What he talks about,
And there's a politician
That has read and thought,
And maybe what they say is true
Of war and war's alarms,
But O that I were young again
And held her in my arms!

-William Butler Yeats


Dumbwit Tellher said...

Stunning photography by Irene. She has a lot of gorgeous shots on Etsy. Yeats' poem with that photo = perfect.

Kitty said...

thanks for that! loves me some wby!

Tracy @ Comfort and Luxury said...

Beautiful, Averill. The image and the poem. So wistful and romantic.

Kathysue said...

Averill this is just lovely. So beautiful and romantic. I want to enter through the beautiful steps and see what is beyond. Kathysue

Acanthus and Acorn said...

I am always drawn to the woods and the magic it seems to hold, so for me this is perfection!

lady macleod said...


Style Redux 2 said...

Stunning photo and poem.

Sogni e Sorrisi said...

What a gorgeous photo and Yeats is one of my favourites.

Bromeliad said...

Cool photo. Creepy pretty.

Sarah Klassen said...

Stunning image + words!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails