Thursday, May 21, 2009

Week Four: Windows and a New Look

After a rather unpleasant dental procedure today, I decided to take the rest of the day off work and spend the afternoon and evening out in the 'burbs with my mom (who was generous enough to drive me to/from the periodontist). Since her new house is just a few blocks -- yes, I've actually made the affirmative decision to live near my parents -- I couldn't resist dropping in to check on the progress. While I expected the shingles to be on and the roof completed by the end of this week, I had no idea they would also be installing all the windows! It's amazing how much a difference the windows make; it's really starting to look like a home now. This weekend we'll be giving the grand tour to Dave's grandmother who is in town for a visit and I plan on taking some interior shots then to post on here next week. The views from the second floor balcony are (for Texas coastal prairie, anyway) quite lovely.

Not to sing the praises of St. Obvious or anything, but tonight I also got a brand new look for Odi et Amo. What do y'all think? The lovely and talented Erin at Designer Blogs hooked me up with this spiffy new look for a really great price. To top it off, she even uploaded the new design for me, which was a "must" for me considering my limited HTML skills. While the wait time is a month to six weeks, if you're looking to perk up the look of your blog, I'd definitely recommend her as the end result is more than worth the wait. Thanks, Erin!

15 comments:

Liz said...

GORGEOUS!!! The new house AND your new look - the teal and olive combo is stunning, and I love your new header. Oh yeah, and the new windows on your house aren't too shabby, either. :) Looking great! So what's the ETA on your moving date?

Christy said...

Wow - your house is really coming along! And if you guys decide to have kids you will be soooo thankful to have a grandma right around the corner. I wish we did! But we have great neighbors...etc. Anyway, can't wait to see the interior shots next week!

And, I LOVE your new blog look! So cute and fresh and stylish! I bet I'm the first one to grab your button and display it over on my site. Love it!

I like your wish list at the bottom, and your must read. Cute set up Averill!

Have a great weekend!

Kara said...

The house is looking awesome and I love the new look for the blog!

Beth Connolly said...

Averill-The blog looks great!

annechovie said...

Great new look for the blog, Averill! You must be so excited about your house, too - looking very good! Have a great holiday wknd!

Sanity Fair said...

I like the way the garage is tucked under the house - keeps it from standing out so much!

Jody Harrington said...

Okay, so I'm only the SECOND one to put your button on my blog!

Maple said...

Wow and wow! Love the blog design, love the house! Can't wait to check it out in person (and hunt pigs from your balcony with Sweeney) ;0

Vivian said...

I came over from Designer blogs; she will be redesigning mine in June. I love your blog. I hope mine comes out this great.

Averill said...

Thanks guys for all the great feedback; y'all have totally made my day! Have a wonderful long weekend everyone!

Averill said...

Oooh and Liz, to answer your question, no hard date set yet but I'm thinking just in time for Labor Day!

Unknown said...

Love your blog...it is totally F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! Erin is my sis-in-law and said I must check you out. I love your inspirational pics. I especially love your tips for getting it for less. You're officially saved on my blog roll.

Averill said...

Windhula - Thanks so much!!

Unknown said...

What part of town are you moving to? The pictures of your home were what tipped me off to the fact that you are in Houston. It looks like the houses in my neck of the woods (Katy). :)

Averill said...

Paloma -- We're moving to Sugar Land, so just a bit south of where you are in Katy.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails