Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Gifts that scream "Oooh la la!"


If you're looking for a last minute Mother's Day gift, check out Oooh la la Cadeau, an online gift store specializing in lovely gift boxes for women with a decidedly French twist. The gift boxes come stocked with anything from stationery and journals, candles and bath goodies, to gourmet candies and tea. Even better, right now you can get free shipping on all orders to the US or Canada. I found Sande Chase's store via the lovely blog Annechovie (which somehow, months after starting to read design blogs, I only just now found today).

The Natural Wonder ($75.68) gift set shown above is very on trend with its coral theme. The set includes a journal, paperweight (made from a perserved dandelion of all things!), and some decorative labels. Here are a few more of my favorites:


Tres Chic ($24.66): I just love the graphic black and white striped wrapping paper paired with the pink bow -- tres chic, indeed! I could see giving this boxed set of scented sachets as a "thank you" gift to bridesmaids or shower hostesses. There are a number of other great smaller gifts priced under $50 HERE that would also work as thank you or hostess gifts.


Limone ($109.69): This gift (perfect for a chef or as a housewarming gift) is probably my favorite. Everything comes packaged in a beautiful (and reuseable) orange lacquered box (very Hermes) and includes my favorite liquid soap by Savon de Marseilles. Yes, this gift is a bit on the pricey side, but for a close girlfriend, mother or sister who loves to be in the kitchen, I think it's worth it.

Earth Friendly ($84.18): This set is my favorite of several bath & body themed gift sets, both because I love the packaging and because I think Fig is such a great (and underused) scent. It's very subtle and fresh. The set also includes a set of matching notecards. I think this kind of gift would be great for a new mom or anyone else who deserves some pampering (and who may be writing a lot of thank you notes herself). If you're looking for more baby-centric gifts suitable for a baby shower, they have a nice selection -- I particularly love the gift for the Grandma-to-be!


Bluebird ($84.18): This boxed set has just about everything: decorative file folders, coordinating notebook, cookies, bath pouch, silk sachet, earl gray tea and a storage box to put everything in. The print on the notebook and file folders reminds me a lot of John Derian's decoupaged plates and trays and would be a really thoughtful gift for anyone who enjoys his eclectic/vintage aesthetic.

4 comments:

Sanity Fair said...

These are SO beautiful... I'm tempted to buy a gift for myself! :)

A Gift Wrapped Life - Oooh la la Cadeau said...

Thank you so much for your lovely feature on my gift website. It was a wonderful surprise and I appreciate it. Please stop by for a visit to my blog at A Gift Wrapped Life. blogspot. Enjoy your blog.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Averill, everything you posted is magnificent. Doesn't Sande Chase put together beautiful items to make one fabulous gift?! The limone set is my favorite too!
Thanks for the generous comments regarding my daughter. So glad you liked her choice. Yes, I definitely think she will wear for some of those fun college dressy occasions. At least, I hope! (:

Kristina at The Purple Pea said...

I love ever single fiber of all of these! So beautiful!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails