Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dressing for a Hot, Long Summer

I don't know about you, but the long weekend has me itching for a summer vacation -- and a few new fun and easy pieces to freshen up my wardrobe as I brace myself for four months of 90+ degree weather and high humidity. Cue J.Crew to the rescue. My go-to source for weekend clothing is offering several great lightweight summer dresses that are perfect for Houston's hot, long summer. Since many of these dresses, including the adorable bonbon dress shown below, are pretty simple, I'd kick things up a notch with bright summery accessories balanced by plenty of cool white.

Shown from top left:

Rafe New York stripe paisley large shoulder bag from Nordstrom ($196.90)
Steve Madden "Charrger" sandal from Nordstrom ($59.90)
Kenneth Jay Lane gold coin earrings from Bluefly ($35.10)
Cotton one-button cardigan in deep pink from Banana Republic ($49)
Jessica Simpson J354 sunglasses in white from Zappos ($56)
Michael Kors D-ring watch in white ($150)
Cotton bonbon dress in navy from J.Crew ($78)

9 comments:

DIY Claire said...

I'm from the UK...what is a summer? lol

Beth Connolly said...

Great colors and great prices too!

Christy said...

Averill, will you please be my personal shopper? I love every single item here. I am now drooling over this watch. I love it so much..I love Michael Kors. When is project runway returning?!?!

alison giese Interiors said...

Love the Gladiators and watch - very doable pricing,too! Think a "shortstack" (i.e. - less than 5'2") like me can pull off the sandals? The ankle strapping may have a leg-shortening effect, I fear???

alison giese Interiors said...

P.S. - Grabbing your button! :)

annechovie said...

Love your choices, Averill! Very Summery.

Sanity Fair said...

Cute bag!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Love the J Crew dress Averill. All the pic's are great. The new JC catalog arrived yesterday & I need to crack that baby open now!!

Kara said...

Love the bag - but I don't want to pay $169 for it. :( I'm all for maxi-dresses and sundresses this summer. So easy to wear!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails