Tuesday, April 19, 2011

TradHome


Have you checked out TradHome, the new online decor magazine? It's a collaboration between Lonny Magazine and Traditional Home and I'm loving the fresh, updated take on traditional design. In some ways, the magazine reads much like Traditional Home as it features the work of the magazine's 20 New Traditional Designers, which in itself is great as the short article they usually run in the magazine always leaves me wanting more. Even better though, TradHome takes advantage of its digital medium by incorporating videos (love the short video featuring Jonathan Adler and Charlotte Moss!) and of course tons of visual eye candy in its over 300 pages.

The main feature of this inaugural issue (please say this won't be a one-off!) is the work of the 20 New Traditional Designers, some of whom I was familiar with and love while others were knew to me. Of the 20, my top 5 (old and new) favorites:

Bonesteel Trout Hall

Bonesteel Trout Hall consists of a dynamite trio of interior designers that nails classic Californian style with ease. I love the Moroccan-meets-Western influences of this master bedroom. While there isn't a lot of color, there's a ton of gorgeous textures and intricate details to keep the eye interested. 

Erika's blog (Urban Grace) was one of the first design blogs I started following back in 2008, when my design obsession first took off. I've followed her career closely ever since and I was so thrilled to see her work featured here. Erika's style is decidedly traditional, but with a casual, beachy vibe that suits her Gulf Coast roots. And need I mention how much I love the vaulted ceiling in this master bedroom? I burn, I pine, I perish...


Jamie Herzlinger

The blue grasscloth wallpaper stopped me in my tracks while the intricate chinoiserie styling of the white chairs left me in a swoon. A rich cranberry velvet seat is a great balance to the blue walls and adds warmth that's nicely played up by the rich dark wood of the table. A modern chandelier is hung high enough not to obstruct the view of the gorgeous feature wall.


Sara Gilbane

Sara Gilbane's portfolio has been in my favorites' folder for some time now, but I love some of the more modern, updated work showcased in TradHome. This living room, which its classic Chesterfield done up in a peacock blue velvet juxtaposed with C. Jere's raindrops sculptures is a great blend of traditional and midcentury modern. Tonal horizontal stripes add subtle pattern and accentuate the high ceilings.


Tilton Fenwick

Another dining room with bold blue walls and white chairs, but this one has an entirely different feel with its luxe beach house look. I absolutely love the strong turquoise wall color, especially against the slick white furniture. Baker's tulip chair is a favorite of mine -- it's got a great classic shape streamlined and updated in a crisp modern lacquer. A white lacquer parsons table has a strong architectural presence that holds its own against (but does not compete with) the chairs' shape. It's "new traditional" at its best.

Have you checked out TradHome yet? If so, what did you think? Who were your favorite New Traditional designers?

6 comments:

annechovie said...

I thought the first issue was great, Averill! Btw, congrats on your beautiful baby boy! How wonderful. Have a great week. xo

Shanna said...

I loved the issue as well. I, too, hope it is just the first of many more to come!

Christy said...

Um, no, I honestly can't stand online magazines! I think they're tedious! Should I break my tradition and give this one a try?! I like these images a LOT. That last one in particular - ooh la la!!!!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Yes, I thought it was a job well done! So many great designs featured.

Samantha said...

Thanks for the sneak peak. I need to check it out.

Tilton Fenwick LLC said...

Thanks for including us in your post! we are honored! Suysel & Anne

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails