Friday, April 15, 2011

Jane's House


Jane's House (as of April 15, 2011)

I know it may feel like I have abandoned you, but I promise I have not. Indeed, I've been hard at work on a new project (and a series here on Odi et Amo) -- Jane's House! My sister and her husband P.W. are designing and building a new home in the greater Houston area (right near me, in fact!) and I'm both honored and excited that they've asked for my help in decorating a few of the rooms.

While the house is still under construction, we're already starting to plan how to decorate it -- after all, that's the fun part, right? Jane and P.W. are almost doubling the square footage of their last home, so they'll be needing quite a bit of new stuff to fill the house. So, while several rooms will remain largely empty for the time being, they'd still like a few rooms to be "done" enough to feel like home. And, of course, since this is reality, they're also on a budget.

The Floor Plan

Over the course of the next few weeks, I'll be laying out some ideas for my sister on a few key rooms: her study, the master bedroom, P.W.'s media room (i.e., his pride and joy) and the open concept living room/kitchen. Throughout this process, my goals remain three-fold: to keep my "clients" happy, to stay within their budget and to demonstrate that great design can indeed come at an affordable price and from accessible sources (i.e., everything will come from "big box" stores -- no trade-only here!).

Stay tuned for the first installment next week: Jane's study! In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend! 

11 comments:

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

What a fun project! With you at the wheel it will be gorgeous, can't wait to see your ideas!

Alicia said...

Sure, sure not like motherhood takes up your time or your gorgeous baby boy deserves all your attention. Had to be sarcastic... have a wonderful weekend & I can't wait to see more of your divine touch on Jane's home.

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! So glad you'll be sharing it with us. Which program/site did you use for that floor plan, btw?

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Oh fun! Love a new house being built and watching it be turned into a home. What a great project for you and how nice to have them moving close by. Janell

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

(and if there were any typos in the last comment I blame it on my new contacts. I can't see anything! Back to the eye DR I go.)

Karena said...

Oh Averill the perfect project to be working with your sister!!

Come and enter my very Fashionable Giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Christy said...

OMG how freaking fun for you! I can't wait to see how you all decorate it! And that floor plan is FABULOUS!!! Hope you're sleeping and feeling well Averill!

Happiness Is... said...

I so want to build a house! So much fun!

Shanna said...

I cannot wait to see what you do over there! So much fun.

Karen said...

It will be fun to watch the progress. I loved stopping by our house as it was being built. I only wish I'd known then about blogs, I would have had so many more options to consider.

Have fun with the project!

Unknown said...

What a fun project to work on, I wish I had a sister...jealous! Can't wait to see what you two put together!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails