Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Elephant in the Room


It's no secret that elephants are an incredibly popular motif in interior design right now. From paperweights to side tables, they're popping up just about everywhere. My favorite iteration so far though has to be this chic console table, shown above in classic white and below in cherry red. It's safari-chic but all glammed up in slick lacquer. 



You can snag one for yourself from Circa Who on 1stDibs. If you're looking for a less expensive way to bring an elephant home with you, here are a few other great options:


Source list (clockwise, from top left): (1) Hook, Anthropologie; (2) Cast-Metal Elephant, West Elm; (3) Bottle Stopper, ZGallerie; (4) Bookshelf, DwellStudio; (5) Blue Elephant, Pieces; (6) Stationery, Iomoi; (7) Tape Dispenser, Iomoi; (8) Side Table, Revival Home & Garden; (9) Silk-Screen Print, Serena & Lily; (10) Salt & Pepper Shakers, Jonathan Adler; and (11) Pillow, John Robshaw.

11 comments:

Glamour Drops said...

Love the elephant leg on the hall table ~ it would be quite a talking point!

Anne said...

LOVE the yellow bookshelf. Might have to save up and get myself a late birthday present! :)

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I love that Ruthie Summers room!

Brilliant Chic said...

I'm not tired if elephants yet and I love both the rooms you posted. Te of my favorite designers!

LiveLikeYou said...

Love the elephant theme. I have a crush on an elephant desk in a vintage store...might just buy it for my new office!!

The Sister Sophisticate said...

That first room is gorgeous!

Christy said...

I never would have thought I'd like them, but I do. And that second room is just gorgeous. LOVE it! Hope you're doing well Averill!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Too funny - we both had elephants on the brain this week! I love your finds, particularly that little book case. Would be adorable in a nursery.

Sarah (Matters of Style) said...

I was just going to say that I saw that elephant table at Circa Who in Palm Beach the other week!

Kathysue said...

Averill, I just bought an elephant side table for the playroom. I love him. I got a deal at Pier I $99 for $39 I did a happy dance and he looks so adorable in the room, which by the way is almost finished, Waiting for hubby to add molding around the window!!! Loved all the elephants you showed here the book shelf was a fav. Kathysue

LindsB said...

I had an elephant theme for my wedding and I really thought that by the end of everything I would be sick of them, but I love them more than ever now!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails