Friday, July 24, 2009

{New to Me} Dabney Lee at Home

Before I sign off for the weekend I thought I'd leave you with a new discovery I made last night for a great source for personalized gifts: Dabney Lee at Home. I'm really digging the California preppy chic aesthetic. It's all bright colors, bold patterns, lucite and, of course, monograms. This shop is definitely getting saved in my files for future gifting. [By the way, Dabney Lee's original online venture, Dabney Lee Stationery, is equally adorable.]

I'm particularly impressed with the high level of personalization that you're allowed on this site. For all of the products, you have your choice of 36 patterns, 30 monogram styles and 12 colors (it's been a long time since I did factorials but I'm pretty sure that comes out to a really large number of possible combinations).

I had planned on picking up an Iomoi lucite tray for myself, but this one ($130) is cute, too -- and $70 less! Oh decisions, decisions....

I love these paper coasters, which come in a set of 125 for $80. Lucite holder included, naturally. The ice bucket ($60) would be a fabulous wedding gift. [Random aside: Anyone else notice the reappearance of those Coronas? I wonder if they sponsored Dabney....]

The clipboard ($50), in one of my favorite patterns ("batik"). Other favorites include the "happy tiles" (essentially a quatrefoil), greek key, and the zig zag. Many of the patterns definitely have a David Hicks vibe, but there's also a good number of Nantucket motifs, animal prints, and even a modern paisley.

The personalized stationery box set is adorable, though perhaps a wee bit overpriced at $75 for a box of just 25. The selection of design books, however, is spot on. Other products include spiral notebooks, calendars, mouse pads, lucite picture frames and recipe cards.

Well, that's it for me this week -- I've got a full weekend ahead of me between a bridal shower for an old friend, some painting over at the new house (pictures next week, I promise!), and packing up the old house (ugh). I hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing and fulfilling weekend. I'll see you here Monday with a great interview and yet another discount and giveaway opportunity! Happy weekend!

8 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

First, can't wait for the pictures of the house...

Second, this might be the perfect place to get a present for my sister, the woman who has everything. I adore all things quatrefoil, and the quatrefoil pattern just makes me want to order everything in that pattern!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Kitty said...

i'm a paper fiend, too. monograms are so hot, but i especially love the lobster ice bucket! have a happy weekend! love, kitty.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your discovery! I love the bright colors and bold patterns too.

Enjoy your weekend.

Beth Connolly said...

Very cute things. Have a wonderful weekend. Can't wait to see pictures of the new house!

Liz said...

Beautiful find, I can't wait to check out more of her line!!!! And Im a little behind on my blog-reading, but I spy some gorgeous pink rooms in your post below that I cant wait to scope out!!

Lovely Little Nest said...

Oooh the lucite tray is my absolute fav!

Kellie Collis said...

Such a lovely range! Thank you for sharing x

Christy said...

What a beautiful selection of items...and how incredible that you can really personalize them all to the nth degree! I love them!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails