Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love is....

L'Amour et Psyche by Fine Art Images

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:

O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.

Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.

If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

~ William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

Happy Valentine's Day!

12 comments:

Beth Connolly said...

A happy and romantic day to you Averill. I've really enjoyed your Valentine's Day series.

Acanthus and Acorn said...

This image really says it all! So perfect and beautiful. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Kathysue said...

Lovely!! Happy Vday to you and yours, Kathysue

Kitty said...

Love the sculpture and this blog. That's why I left a little something for you on Organic Orgy today. xo kitty

Christy said...

That sculpture makes me teary eyed, it's so beautiful. Happy Valentine's Day to you too Averill!

alison giese Interiors said...

Hope you have a great Valentine's, Averill!

Kathysue said...

Averill thank you so much for coming by my blog and commenting so generously. I have appreciated ever single visit from you. I am glad we have connected through cyber space. I feel as if we are kindred spirits in so many of our design aesthetics. I know I always enjoy seeing what you have posted and you inspire me in so many ways. It is a fun New Year on a new journey, Kathysue

La Dolfina said...

Beautiful post!
Happy Valentine's!

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

It appeals to everything in me.
Warm regards,
Simone

Couture Carrie said...

Beautiful pic and poem, darling!

Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day!

xoxox,
CC

The Blushing Hostess said...

It is beautiful. I hope it was a wonderful Valentine's day!

Punctuation Mark said...

Hope you had a great long V-Day weekend filled with love!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails