Thursday, August 19, 2010

Shop Like a Design Blogger: i m a g i n e

This week I'm thrilled to have the amazingly talented Jami Goldsmith from i m a g i n e guest posting today. Jami is a talented designer in Southern California who offers both local and online design services and you can view some of Jami's amazing projects HERE.

* * *

Okay, so here you go - I'm giving you my biggest secrets in shopping for design "stuff". Over at i m a g i n e, I hand out tidbits of product info weekly, but here, I'm basically giving you the cow! This is a tad bit difficult for me, because I pride myself in scouring and finding the best deals and bargains around and now you all are going to know where I get all my loot! I'm always the friend that friends are asking, "Where did you get that?", or "Will you go shopping with me?". All joking aside, I'm really excited that Averill invited me over to share with you the best places to find the best stuff! Most of my resources are online stores, so I hope you enjoy online shopping!


Furniture - HD Buttercup, The Sofa Company, Costco, JC Penney Outlet, Macy's Home, inmod



Lighting - Bellacor, Circa Lighting, La Murrina



Art - Etsy, Artaissance, Alison Fennell, Costco


Rugs - Costco, Home Depot, Dash & Albert


Accessories - Shop Terrain, Shop Design Spark, Areaware, Apartment 48, Grasshopper 510


Wall Treatments - Stark, Farrow & Ball, Mod Green Pod, Osborne & Little, Schumacher

Window Coverings & Hardware - Ebay, JC Penney, Backyard Bargains

Everything/Catch All - Flea Market, Velocity, Unica, Home Goods, TJ MAXX, Marshalls, Tai Pan Trading Company, Target, Z Gallerie, OverstockI always check Copy Cat Chic to see if she's found something similar to what I've picked out for a better price!

Okay, that's it! That's all I'm giving you! Thanks, Averill! I hope I've bestowed upon you all a few new resources that will help you decorate your home!

Next Week's Guest Post: Dayka at Meditations on Life and Style

16 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Wow, this is quite the list of resources. I've bookmarked a couple new ones and was reminded of a couple I hadn't thought of in awhile! Thanks and great post. Janell

Diana Mieczan said...

Those are such a great style tips...I adore the sofa and I am totally in love with the lamps:)
Wish you both a lovely day:)
Kisses

ashlina {the decorista} said...

love jami's picks!!!! that's my girl, most fun to shop with, ever! xoxo

Emily A. Clark said...

This is a great go-to list of sources and some really practical ones, at that. Recently found Jami's wonderful blog.

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Gorgeous items and great sources!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Awesome tips, Jami! Love etsy...so many great finds.

Shop Design Spark* said...

Great post Averill.... informative and helpful pointers on where to shop...i love Jami shes awesome!

Mise said...

How nice to find Jami over here with her flair for the quirkily chic.

Erica @ Decorica said...

Such fun items!

Karen said...

Thanks for introducing me to Jami, after seeing all of these great choices, I need to go visit her site!

Ann said...

Oh what lovely items...tnx

Laura@JourneyChic said...

I love that floor lamp! Thanks for pointing out some cool places I haven't heard of.

Sanity Fair said...

Wow - GREAT choices! These are really original - and I know that's hard to do with some many great posts in this series. I'm really fond of the art choices. And that bellacore lamp. Wouldn't it look great in a kitchen, of all places?
-SF

Unknown said...

I adore this series...and imagine is where I am heading next! Thanks!

Kitty said...

Averill, I haven't been by in such a long, long time; took a summer hiatus! Now that I'm redecorating completely, I'll be thumbing through all your old posts to get fab ideas. Hope you're well. I am hosting a giveaway on Organic Orgy and Zen of Homekeeping if you'd like to throw your hat in. XO Kitty

Toronto Lighting Store said...

I like your style very much. Good picks for every category. Thank you for the post.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails