Monday, May 31, 2010

The Zhush goes to the Hamptons


I thought while I was away on vacation that it would be appropriate to ask a few of my favorite bloggers to come over to Odi et Amo and guest blog about their favorite vacation homes (real or imagined). Today Sue from The Zhush will be kicking things off with a fantasy guest home in The Hamptons courtesy of one of my all-time favorite designers Steven Gambrel. It's got to be just about the most sophisticated beach house I could ever imagine. Sue, you've got to promise me that if you ever do get to live out this fantasy that you will invite me over for a long weekend -- deal?

* * *

Hi! I'm Sue from The Zhush. I'm such a fan of Averill's blog! When Averill asked if I would do a guest post, while she was away, I was more than happy to oblige
(that is, once I got over my seething jealous rage over her fabulous vacation).

Fittingly, Averill chose vacation homes as the topic du jour,
and I knew exactly what my ideal vacation home would be!

Since I have a mild fear of flying, and since we already have a little ski condo,
I began to daydream about The Hamptons!

I can drive there from my home, I love the beach, and since its my daydream, I would have Steven Gambrel design the whole place.

Join me as I create the fantasy beach house of my dreams!

It would have a beautiful and comfortable family room...
(preferably with gorgeous Missoni-esque furniture and a giant t.v.).

I would need a lovely space to email and catch up on all my favorite blogs.

A beautiful cozy breakfast nook would be the perfect place to host
some lovely, relaxed beach brunches.

Even the beach can get chilly sometimes, it would be so nice
to cozy up by the fire and read here.

For more formal "Hampton" type events, this gracious living room
would suit me just fine.

This bar and butler's pantry would be the perfect place to mix
up some cocktails for friends dropping by.


Of course we would have a fabulous basement too...
complete with wine cellar, private cinema and even a disco ball!

And, since this is a daydream...why not include the closet of my dreams...

I hope you enjoyed this "fantasy" vacation house.

all images via: Steven Gambrel

15 comments:

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Love Steven Gambrel and these interiors are amazing! A wonderful dream of a house.

pve design said...

I already have the perfect "zhush" hostess gift and bags packed to be a guest!
pve

Unknown said...

Averill, If I ever build this home, or anything even remotely close, you will have an open invitation! This was so much fun, thanks for having me over!
xx
Sue

Karen said...

I would gladly accept an invitation for a weekend at this beach house!

Anonymous said...

That nook is beyond cozy. I would love to have a breakfast there before heading out to the beach. Love this post :)
XO,
Sara Kate

Unknown said...

Insane house! It's amazing! I love that black kitchen, and the disco ball - ain't no party like a Hamptons party! XO! Great job Sue!

The Buzz Blog said...

Sue, your summer house is a perfect Hamptons retreat! When do we get to come and visit? Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Great guest post, Sue! Love the disco ball and that butler's pantry. xo

Ange said...

Wow, that would be such a fantastic place to completely relax in. You seem to have a "thing" for trestle style tables (desk in pic 2 and dining table in 3). I like your style!
Angex

Hello Lover... said...

I'm new to the Zhush as of last week - love her though! Fabulous images - I'm ready to move in!

Christy said...

I just love this dream house too! And thanks for introducing us to yet another fabulous blogger!

walrus studio said...

the missoni-esque chairs are the best!!!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

I would happily take that breakfast nook!

ashlina {the decorista} said...

sue...you are much too stylish! i love it :)

Marija said...

The 5th image, the living room, it was in my inspiration file for our house though I never knew it was Mr. Gambrel. Love it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails