Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A doxie by Jonathan Adler = Love at First Sight

Should a certain husband still be on the look out for a birthday present for his devoted wife, might I ever so subtly suggest that this might just be the perfect gift? You'll find it here -- and if you order now, you just might get it in time for said devoted wife's birthday. There. Was that (un)subtle enough?


For those of you who AREN'T my husband, I still highly recommend checking out the latest and greatest on Adler's website. His new salt & pepper shakers are beyond adorable. At $48 a set, they're a great option for birthdays, hostess gifts -- or just a treat for yourself. I find the Garden of Eden set (shown above) particularly tempting. Other offerings include napkin rings (the owl is my favorite, though the $18 a pop price tag is a little silly), place card holders (be still my heart, more dachshunds, but again, $28 apiece is ludicrous), and a whole lot more lacquer.

Happy shopping!

10 comments:

Christy said...

Oh those are cute! I like the fish ones!

And yes, you were quite subtle. HA! You better let us know when your birthday is so we can all with you a collective HAPPY BIRTHDAY! From all over the internet!

Style Redux 2 said...

Does your husband actually read your blog to get these hints? My husband couldn't tell you the name of either of my blogs! ;)

A Life More Fabulous said...

Oh this would be perfect for my friend who's just bought a little daschund!

Kara said...

You have to get that! It's way too cute.

Averill said...

Christy -- My birthday is June 14 (Flay Day)!

Beth -- My husband does in fact read my blog; but then again, I sort of make him. :)

Liz said...

LOVE the doxie!!! They've got to be the cutest dogs ever - I've been smitten ever since we got one when I was in the 6th grade!

Patch said...

Adorable! I love any accessory that you can use at a dinner/cocktail party. Especially if it has animals! Future grandparents in law gave us a big teal ceramic serving dish shaped like four interlocking dolphins. At first I was like, huh? But we use it all the time, ALL THE TIME, when we entertain, and I absolutely love it...Stuff with character is the best!!!

Dumbwit Tellher ♥ said...

Your taste is suburb Averill. I totally would love to have any of those, but have to say, LOVE dachshunds. Leave it to Jonathan Adler. I ♥ him!

Thanks for all your kind words today, they mean the world (:
deb

Kristina with a K said...

I love that too!!! I love little fun pieces like that. I could collect them all day

Ab said...

I just have to say that you have officially gotten me hooked on 2jane. I clearly lived in a dark, dark cave that lacked any pretty white ceramics (among other goodies). When my husband sees how much I've spent, I'm totally sending him to you:0)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails