Thursday, September 16, 2010
It may be hard to believe, but today marks the end of the extended "Shop Like a Design Blogger" guest post series here on Odi et Amo. Every week, I have been continuously amazed at how each and every guest blogger has managed to come up with an incredible (and unique) list of design resources -- and this week proves no exception. Bostonian Lindsay of EverythingLEB proves that while she may be last, she's certainly not least. And I totally share her obsession with office supplies and great organizational tools.
* * *
Hi Everyone- Lindsay here from EverythingLEB. I'm so excited to be participating in this awesome series. A huge thank you to Averill for putting it together and including so many amazing bloggers.
I actually find myself coming back here over and over again to see everyone's choices for inspiration. It was so hard for me to pick just a few, especially since alot of my favorite places have already been mentioned. So these might be repeats for you, but maybe the reasons and some of the products are new to you :)
1. Home Depot- Oh Home Depot where would I be without you? I know they don't carry everything for home projects (like Ben Moore paint, uhhhemm) but they have a wide selection of paints, stains, glues, nails, wood, etc to get projects started. And most times you can find someone helpful to guide you in the right direction. Another reason I love Home Depot is there selection of inexpensive plants and orchids. A must for a decorator is something living in each room and this is the perfect place to pick something green up.
2. The Container Store: This might be the one store that I could spend thousands of dollars in and no dinner guest in my home would ever see what I spent all that money on. From closet organizers, drawer liners, gift wrap and more, they have everything for the complete organizational freak like me :)
My favorite things here are the beautiful fabric covered boxes that come in so many fun colors and the plastic shoe boxes that I use for just about everything in my house.
3. Trader Joe's: One word, flowers! Having fresh flowers in my house is such a luxury and at Trader Joe's you cant go wrong bringing home a $3.99 bunch of carnations or a $15.99 bunch of roses. They have a great seasonal selection and I just love the color and cheer they bring into my house.
4. Ikea- for obvious reasons every design blogger loves Ikea. They have a huge selection and you cant beat the prices. The above items are new and I'm so excited to go check them out in person. #1 reason I want to go right now, that acrylic chair- so pretty!
5. Freddy Farkels: I've got a local pick here. All you Bostonians out there, this ones for you. Freddy Farkels is in Watertown and its one of those hit or miss stores for the bargains. They carry a ton of regular priced fabric in their front section and in the back they have an amazing section of bargain basement priced fabric in the back. I've found some really fabulous fabrics for $2 a yard, you cant beat that!
So there you have it, my list of favorite shopping sources. But in all honestly I think all of the shopping sources the other bloggers listed are my favorite too! This is an amazing source to bookmark, and I'm so happy Averill decided to put this together!!
Thank you, thank you Averill!
* * *
Thank you Lindsay -- and thank you to all the other design bloggers who've contributed such great content and ideas over the past few months! You've all made this series successful beyond my wildest imagination and I can promise you that I'll be referring to your posts regularly whenever I'm on the hunt for great design sources.