Thursday, September 16, 2010

Shop Like a Design Blogger: EverythingLEB

It may be hard to believe, but today marks the end of the extended "Shop Like a Design Blogger" guest post series here on Odi et Amo. Every week, I have been continuously amazed at how each and every guest blogger has managed to come up with an incredible (and unique) list of design resources -- and this week proves no exception. Bostonian Lindsay of EverythingLEB proves that while she may be last, she's certainly not least. And I totally share her obsession with office supplies and great organizational tools.

* * *

Hi Everyone- Lindsay here from EverythingLEB. I'm so excited to be participating in this awesome series. A huge thank you to Averill for putting it together and including so many amazing bloggers.

I actually find myself coming back here over and over again to see everyone's choices for inspiration. It was so hard for me to pick just a few, especially since alot of my favorite places have already been mentioned. So these might be repeats for you, but maybe the reasons and some of the products are new to you :)



1. Home Depot- Oh Home Depot where would I be without you? I know they don't carry everything for home projects (like Ben Moore paint, uhhhemm) but they have a wide selection of paints, stains, glues, nails, wood, etc to get projects started. And most times you can find someone helpful to guide you in the right direction. Another reason I love Home Depot is there selection of inexpensive plants and orchids. A must for a decorator is something living in each room and this is the perfect place to pick something green up.


2. The Container Store: This might be the one store that I could spend thousands of dollars in and no dinner guest in my home would ever see what I spent all that money on. From closet organizers, drawer liners, gift wrap and more, they have everything for the complete organizational freak like me :)

My favorite things here are the beautiful fabric covered boxes that come in so many fun colors and the plastic shoe boxes that I use for just about everything in my house.


3. Trader Joe's: One word, flowers! Having fresh flowers in my house is such a luxury and at Trader Joe's you cant go wrong bringing home a $3.99 bunch of carnations or a $15.99 bunch of roses. They have a great seasonal selection and I just love the color and cheer they bring into my house.


4. Ikea- for obvious reasons every design blogger loves Ikea. They have a huge selection and you cant beat the prices. The above items are new and I'm so excited to go check them out in person. #1 reason I want to go right now, that acrylic chair- so pretty!


5. Freddy Farkels: I've got a local pick here. All you Bostonians out there, this ones for you. Freddy Farkels is in Watertown and its one of those hit or miss stores for the bargains. They carry a ton of regular priced fabric in their front section and in the back they have an amazing section of bargain basement priced fabric in the back. I've found some really fabulous fabrics for $2 a yard, you cant beat that!

So there you have it, my list of favorite shopping sources. But in all honestly I think all of the shopping sources the other bloggers listed are my favorite too! This is an amazing source to bookmark, and I'm so happy Averill decided to put this together!!

Thank you, thank you Averill!



* * *


Thank you Lindsay -- and thank you to all the other design bloggers who've contributed such great content and ideas over the past few months! You've all made this series successful beyond my wildest imagination and I can promise you that I'll be referring to your posts regularly whenever I'm on the hunt for great design sources.

16 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Great resources, love how affordable finds can be mixed into a room these days and no one thinks twice. The acrylic chair from Ikea looks great in person and I've been wondering when I will find a place for it! Janell

LindsB said...

So happy I could wrap up this fun series for you- I feel so honored to be a part of such an amazing group of bloggers!

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Love her picks! There is a Trader Joe's near my house... saves me a trip to Whole Foods {Whole Paycheck}!

Love that acrylic chair at Ikea too.

xo,
cristin

Karena said...

Lindsey, great picks and reminders of some of the very well known resources right in our own backyard!!

Thanks again Averill for this wonderful series!

Karena
Art by Karena

Erica @ Decorica said...

I've been to Freddy Farkels! And I agree, Trader Joe's is the place to go for flowers.

So sad that the series is over and thanks for letting me participate Averill!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Freddy Farkels sounds like a great store!

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post!
I love the Container Store!

xoxox,
CC

René said...

I have really enjoyed this series and will continue to refer to it in the future. Loved Lindsay's post and am wishing for a Trader Joe's in Greenboro.

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Yay! Glad Lindsay participated! She has great taste and I, too, adore the Container Store. I always walk out with more than I planned to buy. I still haven't been to Freddy Farkels...gotta make it over there!

Sarah Klassen said...

Fabulous resources -- now I want to go shopping... thanks for sharing your secret sources with us :)

Unknown said...

Loved this post and loved this series! And how fun is Freddy Farkel to say? Can only imagine it must be even more fun to visit! Have gotten so much inspiration and so many new resources from this series..thanks so much!xx

Sarah (Matters of Style) said...

Love that lucite chair- SO much comfier than ghost chairs. AND I've seen them at my ikea for 50% off several times because of a teensy tiny scratch that you can't see at all.

Anonymous said...

great post, thanks.

Karen said...

Great picks from Lindsay, some of my fav's. I'll miss this series.

casey at loft and cottage said...

Great resources. I love FF's! And of course adore Ikea. Wish I lived closer to it.

alison giese Interiors said...

Love her list! I so wish I had a "go to" fabric place where I could fill my own little stash!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails